Jeff Alderson Panel Speaker at IN4OBE Global Virtual Summit 2022
M.Ed. Education Policy, Organization & Leadership – University of Illinois
Graduate level research in the Learning Design & Leadership (LDL) program focused on design of learning assessments for STEM education and program evaluation of online courses. The LDL program provides educators and training/learning development professionals the opportunity to learn how to create more engaging learning environments by integrating new media technologies.
B.S. Electrical and Computer Engineering – Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Undergraduate Major Qualifying Project (thesis) combined small-scale inertial navigation with GPS technology to create a personal handheld GPS device; technology is now successfully used in mass production of devices that leverage GPS and geospatial technology.
Online Learning Product Marketing, MathWorks; Natick, MA
- Organized corporate response for educators moving courses online at scale because of pandemic teaching requirements. Developed websites, training materials, license models, how-to videos, online assessments, and onboarding materials for educators to leverage MathWorks offerings for online teaching and learning.
- Led strategic opportunities and collaboration with vendors of learning management systems, standards organizations, education sales, and education customer success teams to ensure the broadest awareness and usage of MATLAB & Simulink in online teaching and learning higher education institutions.
- Launched a new product offering – MATLAB Grader – an online assessment and autograding solution for MATLAB code. This product is now used at >3,000 higher education institutions worldwide by thousands of instructors and hundreds of thousands of learners in their online courses that require automated assessments.
Principal Analyst, NRCCUA/Eduventures; Boston, MA
- Led research efforts into enterprise software and services used by higher education institutions to promote student success. Traveled extensively to present research findings at trade shows, conferences, and vendor events. Recognized as an industry expert on student management, learning management and data privacy.
- Started the education technology research practice at Eduventures and grew the business to be the largest stream of revenue for the company (>$1M) within 12 months and received the “Money Analyst” award.
- Published researcher and author on multiple topics impacting education technology selection by K12 districts and institutions of higher education. See a more complete list of articles and reports on LinkedIn, including topics such as learning management systems, online proctoring, and enterprise technology adoption.
Lead Architect, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt; Boston, MA
- Designed the physical architectural of the transformative HMH One Common User Store initiative, a set of data architecture and APIs for the unification of user information across disparate applications. This project is seen as the cornerstone of internal transformation at HMH to bring the oldest education publishing company in the world into a modern use of technology, student data, and educational applications.
- Represents HMH interests in multiple data standards alignment initiatives with organizations such as SIF, PESC, IMS, Learning Registry, and DQC. Strive to be an industry-leading expert for data exchange and portability standards. Delivered multiple presentations on data security, portability and privacy at trade shows, conferences and webinars throughout the year.