Dr. William M. Hayden Jr is Prestigious Sessions Speaker at IN4OBE Global Summit 2022
Dr. William M. Hayden Jr., Ph.D., Engineering Management 1; is a Professional Engineer P.E.; Fellow, ASCE; CMQ/OE, Buffalo, New York, USA
* 1984 to 1987, Quality Department Head, E/A/C Multiple Regional Offices;
* 1988 to 1998 initiated “Quality By Design™” consulting practice to E/A/Cs across America,
* Canada, and client work in Manila, Tokyo, and Seoul; Oporto, Budapest, and parts of Mexico;
* 1999 to 2004, COO, E/A/C Multidisciplined firm in Western New York.
* 1998, Fall to Present (Fall 2022), Adjunct Assistant Professor, University at Buffalo,
* New York, School of Management, Operations Management and Strategy, teaching
graduate courses MGO632 and 634, Strategic Quality Management, and Project
Past Selected Volunteer Community Roles:
* Town of Amherst Diversity Council, 1999-2002.
* UB Diversity Council, 1999-2002.
ASCE’s Journal of Management in Engineering
* Various papers since April 1992.
ASCE’s Leadership and Management in Engineering Journal
* Various papers since April 2001.
* LME Editorial BOD 2007 to 2013.
* Editor-In-Chief, Aug. 2012 – Dec. 2013.
* Women and Diversity in Civil Engineering;
* Business Practices;
* NCS EMC Membership Chairperson 1985-1986
* Leadership and Management;
* Policy 465:
* Manual 73, “Quality In The Constructed Project: A GUIDE FOR OWNERS, DESIGNERS, AND
CONSTRUCTORS” 1st Edition;
* ASCE 1995 Education Conference, Denver, CO, Facilitator; and, Summit 2006, Facilitator.
American Society for Quality:
* ISO 9000 Study Task Force;
* Design & Construction Division;
* Quality Management Division; and, Faculty Advisor for UB Student Branch of ASQ, with ASQ-Buffalo Section.
Project Management Institute
Past-President, Buffalo Section, 1999-2001
* Design & Construction Quality Institute (DCQI)w/ACEC, AIA, FHA, GSA, et al;
* Design, Procurement, & Construction SIG,w/ PMI; and, The Design & Construction Division, w/ASQ.
American Consulting Engineers Council (ACEC)
* Quality Improvement Committee.
* Peer Review Committee.
ASCE Best Leadership & Management Paper Award
“Face Value – The Silent Diversity Challenge.” 2002.
1995 Winner. Marvin M. Black Excellence in Partnering Award. For the Construction Project Which Best Epitomizes the Principles of Partnering. Department of Agriculture, Trade & Consumer Protection, State of Wisconsin Office Building. William M. Hayden Jr., Consultants, Inc.
UB School of Management Courses
* Fundamentals of Strategic Management.
* Project Management.
* Strategic Quality Management.